R. M. Harnisch - November 24, 2014
A brief summary of the creation event, according to the Honored Qur’an and the Scriptures— not according to the “big bang” theory of evolutionists, nor according to the Vatican’s ever-changing pronouncements on the topic. It has been revealed to humanity that God simply spoke His creative thoughts, and they materialized out of nothing. God did not need a “magic wand;” He is well “able to do everything” He chooses, because He is omnipotent. He is Creator!
Dear ones, be not deceived into believing in the theory of evolution or in an uninvolved, limited God. Rather, trust God and His written Word. Sadly, many have gone far astray from believing the simple, literal truth of the creation account. They have been led into belief in a completely hypothetical “big bang” beginning of the universe and in the gradual evolution on earth over billions of years of one-celled living creatures-- allegedly generated spontaneously from totally inanimate matter--into very complex humans and other forms of life, instead of God’s creation of things fully formed in six literal days. Thus they have been turned away from heaven-sent truth to believe scientific speculation and hypothesis. They trust the creature’s explanation, rather than the ancient written record revealing the instantaneously life-giving words of the Creator. They do not know, or else will not accept, the plentiful science that disproves evolution and supports the literal creation accounts in the Scriptures and Honored Qur’an.
First, then, from the Honored Qur’an, the teaching that God simply speaks and His intention appears instantly, fully formed!
The Seven “Be’s” of Creation from the Honored Qur’an!
1. “To Him is due the primal origin of the heavens and the earth: When He decreeth a matter, He saith to it: "Be," and it is.” Qur’an Sura 2.117 Al-Baqara
2. “It is He who created the heavens and the earth in true (proportions): the day He saith, "Be," behold! it is. His word is the truth….” Qur’an Sura 6.73 Al-Anaam
3. “It is He Who gives Life and Death; and when He decides upon an affair, He says to it, "Be", and it is.” Qur’an Sura 40.68 Al-Ghafir
4. “Verily, when He intends a thing, His Command is, "be", and it is!” Qur’an Sura 36.82 Ya-Seen
5. “…Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, "Be", and it is.” Qur’an Sura 19.35 Maryam
6. “For to anything which We have willed, We but say the word, "Be", and it is.” Qur’an Sura 16.40 An-Nahl
7. “The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him [Adam] from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he [Adam] was.” Qur’an Sura 3.59 Aal-E-Imran
Seven Golden Creation Verses
Seven creation verses from the Honored Qur’an teach us that the world was created in six days— not through millions of years. Here they are, for your very own to read, from Yusef Ali’s English translation. What you will read is exactly what the Bible teaches—truly an amazing fact, indeed.
1. “Your Guardian-Lord is Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth in six Days, and is firmly established on the Throne (of authority): He draweth the night as a veil o’er the day, each [day] seeking the other in rapid succession: He created the sun, the moon, and the stars, (all) governed by laws under His Command. Is it not His to create and to govern? Blessed be Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the Worlds!” Qur’an Sura 7.54 Al-Araf
That doesn’t sound like millions and millions of years of evolving as the evolutionist is trying to tell us. Each 24 hour day followed the other in ‘rapid succession’.
2. “Verily your Lord is Allah, who created the heavens and the earth in six Days, and is firmly established on the Throne (of authority), regulating and governing all things” Qur’an ura 10.3 Yunus.
3. “He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in six Days— and His Throne was over the Waters—” Qur’an Sura 11.7 Hud
4. “He Who created the heavens and the earth and all that is between, in six days, and is firmly established on the Throne (of Authority): Allah Most Gracious:” Qur’an Sura 25.59 Al-Furqan
5. “It is Allah Who has created the heavens and the earth, and all between them, in six Days, and is firmly established on the Throne (of Authority): ye have none, besides Him, to protect or intercede (for you): will ye not then receive admonition?” Qur’an Sura 32.4 As-Sajda
6. “We created the heavens and the earth and all between them in Six Days, nor did any sense of weariness touch Us.” Qur’an Sura 50.38 Qaf.
7. “He it is who created the heavens and the earth in six Days, and is moreover firmly established on the Throne (of Authority)….” Qur’an Sura 57.4 Al-Hadid
Those seven verses, or ayats, reveal that Allah (God) created the world in exactly six days. Each of these days was twenty-four hours in length. It was not at all impossible for Allah to do this; He alone is all-powerful. He needs only to speak a word, and it is done. Who among men can do that? From the Psalms (Zabur), many of which David (Daud) wrote, we have this testimony: “For He [God or Allah] spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.” Zabur Psalms 33:9.
As regards this earth, Scripture declares the work of creation to have been completed, “…the works were finished from the foundation of the world.” Hebrews 4:3
God needs only to speak, and it appears. There is creative power in His Word. What follows are written records from the Bible and the Honored Qur’an of that same benevolent creative power exercised here on earth about four thousand years later. May you be blessed as you read these sacred accounts.
Isa al-Masih (Jesus,) the Word of Allah, gave clear demonstrations of the creative power of God by healing the crippled, those born blind, the deaf, and those afflicted with disease and demons, and by restoring life to those who had died.
“Then will Allah say: ‘O Jesus the son of Mary! Recount My favour to thee and to thy mother. Behold! I strengthened thee with the holy spirit, so that thou didst speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. Behold! I taught thee the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel and behold!...and thou healest those born blind, and the lepers, by My leave. And behold! thou bringest forth the dead by My leave....” Qur'an, Sura 5.110 Al-Maeda
“Suddenly, a man with leprosy approached Him and knelt before Him. ‘Lord,’ the man said, ‘if You are willing, You can heal me and make me clean.’ Jesus reached out and touched him. ‘I am willing,’ He said. ‘Be healed!’ And instantly the leprosy disappeared.” Injeel Matthew 8:2-3 NLT
“And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years. When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole? The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me. Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk. And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath.” Injeel John 5:5-9
Even a Roman centurion knew of the creative power that Isa had, for he petitioned Isa to say the word only.
“When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. ‘Lord,’ he said, ‘my servant lies at home paralyzed, suffering terribly.’ Jesus said to him, ‘Shall I come and heal him?’ The centurion replied, ‘Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, “Go,” and he goes; and that one, “Come,” and he comes. I say to my servant, “Do this,” and he does it.’ When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, ‘Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven….’ Then Jesus said to the centurion, ‘Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.’ And his servant was healed at that very hour.” Injeel Matthew 8:5-13 TNIV
Lazarus had been dead four days when Isa al-Masih came to where he was buried in the tomb.
“‘Roll the stone aside,’ Jesus told them. But Martha, the dead man's sister, protested, ‘Lord, he has been dead for four days. The smell will be terrible.’ Jesus responded, ‘Didn't I tell you that you would see God's glory if you believe?’ So they rolled the stone aside. Then Jesus looked up to heaven and said, ‘Father, thank You for hearing Me. You always hear Me, but I said it out loud for the sake of all these people standing here, so that they will believe You sent Me.’ Then Jesus shouted, ‘Lazarus, come out!’ And the dead man came out, his hands and feet bound in graveclothes, his face wrapped in a headcloth. Jesus told them, ‘Unwrap him and let him go!’” Injeel John 11:39-44 NLT
The only son of the widow from Nain was brought back to life at the word of Jesus.
“O Jesus the son of Mary! ...thou bringest forth the dead by My leave....” Qur'an, Sura 5.110 Al-Maeda
“And it came to pass the day after, that he went into a city called Nain; and many of his disciples went with him, and much people. Now when he came nigh to the gate of the city, behold, there was a dead man carried out, the only son of his mother, and she was a widow: and much people of the city was with her. And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her, and said unto her, Weep not. And he came and touched the bier: and they that bare him stood still. And he said, Young man, I say unto thee, Arise. And he that was dead sat up, and began to speak. And he delivered him to his mother. And there came a fear on all: and they glorified God, saying, That a great prophet is risen up among us; and, That God hath visited his people.” Injeel Luke 7:11-16
Thus Jesus demonstrated for humanity the benevolent creative power of God by restoring health and life--all at His word only.
What follows next are seven blessed sections from the Scriptures briefly detailing the origin of the earth as we know it today. The creation of visible or material things occurred in orderly fashion in six literal “evening and mornings,” or days.
The First Week in Time
1. “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.” Taurat Genesis 1:1-5
2. “And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.” Taurat Genesis 1:6-8
3. “And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good. And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the third day.” Taurat Genesis 1:9-13
4. “And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so. And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also. And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth, And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good. And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.” Taurat Genesis 1:14-19
5. “And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.” Taurat Genesis 1:20-23
6. “And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so. And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.” Taurat Genesis 1:24-31
The creation of man from the dust of the earth occurred during the sixth day of creation:
“And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.” Taurat Genesis 2:7
“The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.” Job 33:4
“But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.” Isaiah 64:8 KJV
The Honored Qur’an agrees with and confirms the Scriptural account.
“We created man from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape;” Qur’an, Sura 15.26 Al-Hijr
“He it is created you from clay, and then decreed a stated term (for you).…” Qur’an, Sura 6.2 Al-Anaam
“He Who has made everything which He has created most good: He began the creation of man with (nothing more than) clay….” Qur'an, Sura 32.7 As-Sajda
Then God ended and crowned His creation week with something very special.
7. “Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.” Taurat Genesis 2:1-3
The creation account regarding the seventh day is very special, as God at that time gave an enduring illustration for all humanity. He “worked” for six days in creating this world, then did something different and special. On the seventh day of creation week, He “rested” from all His works, making a distinction from His activity on the other days, and thus initiating, on that last day of the creation week, a divinely-appointed, weekly day of rest. It was not that God needed rest from weariness—no, not at all. God does not get weary.
“Allah! There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep … and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory).” Qur'an, Sura 2.255 Al-Baqara
“Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.” Zabur Psalms 121:4
“Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.” Isaiah 40:28
By resting on the seventh day of creation, God has given us an example, a demonstration that shows us how to live according to His will for His creation. By His example, the Sabbath was given to all of mankind for rest from physical labor. For that purpose, Our Creator set aside one specific day of the week, and none other. That day is the seventh day of the week.
The will of God concerning the Sabbath day is confirmed in the Shariah of God, the ten commandments. They are the sacred laws of God that He has ordained for men to abide in and obey.
From the very heart or center of God’s ten sacred laws, we read the Sabbath commandment.
“Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.” Taurat Exodus 20:8-11
The Creation account is mentioned in God’s sacred law. We note that He “blessed” and “hallowed” (made holy) only one day: the seventh. That day must therefore be very special to Him, as well as important to us. If it were not, then God also would not have written down this commandment with His own finger.
“The LORD gave me [Moses] two stone tablets inscribed by the finger of God. On them were all the commandments the LORD proclaimed to you on the mountain out of the fire, on the day of the assembly.” Taurat Deuteronomy 9:10 TNIV
“And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.” Taurat Exodus 31:18
“And the tablets were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God. It was engraved on the tablets.” Taurat Exodus 32:16 MKJV
The Seventh Day Sabbath was created and is blessed forever:
“…Wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.” Taurat Exodus 20:11
“…For thou blessest, O LORD, and it shall be blessed for ever.” Taurat 1 Chronicles 17:27
God’s Law, including the Sabbath, is endorsed by the Honored Qur’an.
“And We ordained laws for him [Moses] in the tablets in all matters, both commanding and explaining all things, (and said): "Take and hold these with firmness, and enjoin thy people to hold fast by the best in the precepts: soon shall I show you the homes of the wicked,- (How they lie desolate)." Qur'an, Sura 7.145 Al-Araf :The Heights
“And remember We took your covenant and We raised above you (the towering height) of Mount (Sinai): (Saying): ‘Hold firmly to what We have given you, and hearken (to the Law)….” Qur'an, Sura 2.93 Al-Baqara
God had said “Remember,” but they forgot. So have the majority of Christians.
“From those, too, who call themselves Christians, We did take a covenant, but they forgot a good part of the message that was sent them…. And soon will Allah show them what it is they have done.” Qur'an, Sura 5.14 Al-Maeda
The “good part” which they forgot was the Sabbath, which is a sign from Allah (God) that He is sanctifying His people to prepare them for Judgment!
“Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.” Taurat Ezekiel 20:12
“Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee.” Taurat Deuteronomy 5:12
When we begin to set aside the Sabbath for holy use, “to sanctify it,” God will also sanctify us.
The Sabbath a Sign of Sanctification
“Moreover also I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.” Taurat Ezekiel 20:12
“And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the LORD your God.” Taurat Ezekiel 20:20
“Say: "O People of the Book [Jews and Christians]! Why reject ye the Signs of Allah, when Allah is Himself witness to all ye do?" Qur'an, Sura 3.98 Aal-E-Imran
“There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for those who enter God's rest also rest from their own work, just as God did from his. Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience.” Hebrews 4:9-11 TNIV
The Signs of Allah
“Among His Signs in this, that He created you from dust; and then,- behold, ye are men scattered (far and wide)! Qur'an, Sura 30.20 Ar-Room
“And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth…”
Qur'an, Sura 30.22 Ar-Room
“And among His Signs is this, that heaven and earth stand by His Command: then when He calls you, by a single call, from the earth, behold, ye (straightway) come forth.” Qur’an Sura 30.25 Ar-Room
So creation is a Sign of Allah’s creative power and to commemorate the creation account, we are asked by Allah to keep the Sabbath as a continual reminder of His creative power to create. To deny the Sabbath of Allah is to deny the creative power of Allah to create.
“…Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.”
Taurat Exodus 31:13
Now is the time to enter into the Sabbath rest each seventh day of the week (Al-Sabt, Saturday). Allow God to set you apart and sanctify you!
“And he [Jesus] said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.” Injeel Mark 2:27-28
“And for their covenant we raised over them (the towering height) of Mount (Sinai); and (on another occasion) we said: "Enter the gate with humility"; and (once again) we commanded them: "Transgress not in the matter of the sabbath." And we took from them a solemn covenant.” Qur’an, Sura 4.154 An-Nisa
Long ago the Jews broke their covenant with Allah, forgetting the Sabbath, and they had to be reminded. That is why God’s fourth commandment from Mt. Sinai began, “Remember the Sabbath day….” Today also, the majority of Christians break the Covenant of Allah. They have forgotten the day of rest, and they also are urged to return to the true day of rest, the Sabbath (Saturday) that God specified, not Sunday or any other day. The Muslim world is no exception. They, too, have broken the Covenant of Allah; they, too, are admonished in the Qur’an to keep the Sabbath. Today, as we near the end of earth’s history, all those who have forgotten the sacred day of rest are being called to return to the day that God has set aside each week, to refresh not only our bodies, but also our close relationship with our Creator. On that day we also more fully appreciate the creation week that God spoke into existence. The reason we contend with evolutionary theories today is that we have forgotten or have unbelief in our hearts. God has been greatly dishonored as Creator, because what He did during creation week has been either forgotten or confused or denied. Let us not be among those who dare to ignore, trifle with, or scoff at God’s truth. Let all people return to Him and His Sabbath.
“…And remember all the commandments of the LORD, and do them; and that ye seek not after your own heart and your own eyes, after which ye use to go a whoring: That ye may remember, and do all my commandments, and be holy unto your God.” Taurat Numbers 15:39-40
This sacred counsel includes remembering the Sabbath (seventh day of the week, Saturday, Al-Sabt) by ceasing our earthly labors and meeting with God on that day.
“My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments.” Proverbs 3:1
Even women are to rest from their weary labor of meal preparation.
“And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe [boil] that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.” Taurat Exodus 16:23
“Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil.” Isaiah 56:2
Even during planting time or harvest of crops, God wants His people to rest.
“You shall work six days, but on the seventh day you shall rest. In plowing time and in harvest you shall rest.” Taurat Exodus 34:21 MKJV
We are encouraged to keep our part of the Covenant
“These words the LORD spake unto all your assembly in the mount out of the midst of the fire, of the cloud, and of the thick darkness, with a great voice: and he added no more. And he wrote them in two tables of stone, and delivered them unto me.” Taurat Deuteronomy 5:22
The ten commandments of God, including the Sabbath, are the covenant that God made with mankind, which He reestablished upon Mount Sinai. They delineate our race’s part in the solemn agreement or covenant between God and mankind. God Himself first outlined His own part of the covenant to Abraham.
“And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.” Genesis 17:7-8
The literal land of Canaan did become the dwelling place of Abraham’s descendants, but the heavenly Canaan and the companionship of God and angels is the final destination and joy of those who, through all generations, have loved and obeyed God. God has always been faithful to keep His part of the covenant.
Zabur Psalms 89:34 states, “My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.”
“But if you will not listen to Me, and will not do all these commandments, and if you shall despise My statutes, or if your soul hates My judgments, so that you will not do all My commandments, so that you break My covenant; I will also do this to you: I will even appoint terror over you, consumption, and burning fever, consuming the eyes and causing sorrow of heart. And you shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.” Taurat Leviticus 26:14-16 MKJV
“Those who break Allah's Covenant after it is ratified, and who sunder what Allah Has ordered to be joined, and do mischief on earth: These cause loss (only) to themselves.” Qur'an, Sura 2.27 Al-Baqara
“O Children of Israel! call to mind the (special) favour which I bestowed upon you, and fulfil your covenant with Me as I fulfil My Covenant with you, and fear none but Me.” Qur'an, Sura 2.40 Al-Baqara
“And remember We took your covenant and We raised above you (The towering height) of Mount (Sinai): (Saying): "Hold firmly to what We have given you and bring (ever) to remembrance what is therein: Perchance ye may fear Allah." Qur'an, Sura 2.63 Al-Baqara
“And for their covenant we raised over them (the towering height) of Mount (Sinai); and (on another occasion) we said: ‘Enter the gate with humility’; and (once again) we commanded them: ‘Transgress not in the matter of the sabbath.’ And we took from them a solemn covenant. (They have incurred divine displeasure): In that they broke their covenant; that they rejected the signs of Allah [the Sabbath]; that they slew the Messengers in defiance of right; that they said, ‘Our hearts are the wrappings (which preserve Allah's Word; We need no more)’;- Nay, Allah hath set the seal on their hearts for their blasphemy, and little is it they believe….” Qur'an, Sura 4.154-155 An-Nisa
“And We ordained laws for him [Moses] in the tablets in all matters, both commanding and explaining all things, (and said): ‘Take and hold these with firmness, and enjoin thy people to hold fast by the best in the precepts: soon shall I show you the homes of the wicked,- (How they lie desolate).’” Qur'an, Sura 7.145 Al-Araf ,The Heights
The terms of the Covenant of Allah
. were written twice by Allah on tablets of stone and given to Moses. The stone and the sole authorship of God signifies the immutable, permanent laws (Shariah) of God.
Allah’s Covenant Remains Unbroken and Unchanged
“Then the LORD said to Moses, "Write down all these instructions, for they represent the terms of the covenant I am making with you and with Israel." Moses remained there on the mountain with the LORD forty days and forty nights. In all that time he ate no bread and drank no water. And the LORD wrote the terms of the covenant—the Ten Commandments—on the stone tablets.” Taurat Exodus 34:27-28 NLT
There has been no change in God’s covenant, nor in the ways and laws of Allah given to the Messengers of the past. Indeed, seven verses from the Qur’an state that no changes ever will be made in the covenant-- in the sacred laws of Allah-- from those which the previous Messengers were given. Allah’s Covenant remains the same.
Seven Verses on ‘No Change” to the words and ways of Allah
1. “For them are glad tidings, in the life of the present and in the Hereafter; no change can there be in the words of Allah. This is indeed the supreme felicity.” Qur'an, Sura 10.64 Yunus
2. “(This was Our) way with the messengers We sent before thee: thou wilt find no change in Our ways.” Qur'an, Sura 17.77 Al-Isra
3. “So set thou thy face steadily and truly to the Faith: (establish) Allah's handiwork according to the pattern on which He has made mankind: no change (let there be) in the work (wrought) by Allah: that is the standard Religion: but most among mankind understand not.” Qur'an, Sura 30.30 Ar-Room
4. “(Such was) the practice (approved) of Allah among those who lived aforetime: No change wilt thou find in the practice (approved) of Allah.” Qur'an, Sura 33.62 Al-Ahzab
5. “On account of their arrogance in the land and their plotting of Evil, but the plotting of Evil will hem in only the authors thereof. Now are they but looking for the way the ancients were dealt with? But no change wilt thou find in Allah's way (of dealing): no turning off wilt thou find in Allah's way (of dealing).” Qur'an, Sura 35.43 Fatir
6. “(Such has been) the practice (approved) of Allah already in the past: no change wilt thou find in the practice (approved) of Allah.” Qur'an, Sura 48.23 Al-Fath
7. “The word of thy Lord doth find its fulfilment in truth and in justice: None can change His words: for He is the one who heareth and knoweth all.” Qur'an, Sura 6.115 Al-Anaam
In the Zabur, Daud (David) wrote under inspiration and confirmed that Allah will not alter nor change His Covenant nor His words::
“My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of my lips.” Zabur Psalms 89:34
“O Children of Israel! call to mind the (special) favour which I bestowed upon you, and fulfil your covenant with Me as I fulfil My Covenant with you, and fear none but Me.” Qur'an Sura 2.40 Al-Baqara
God responds to our faithfulness to our part of the covenant, or our lack thereof. We either are blessed if we keep the Sabbath, or the opposite is true.
“…We cursed the Sabbath-breakers, for the decision of Allah Must be carried out.” Qur’an, Sura 4.47 An-Nisa
“Six days may work be done; but in the seventh [Saturday] is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD….” Taurat Exodus 31:15
When do the sacred hours of the Sabbath begin?
“…From even [evening] unto even [evening], shall ye celebrate your sabbath.” Taurat Leviticus 23:32
From Friday at sundown to Saturday at sundown are the holy hours of the Sabbath.
What will God do regarding the “strangers,” or foreigners—those not covered under the original covenant agreement-- who honor His Sabbath rest?
“Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.” Isaiah 56:6-7
These verses prove the blessed Sabbath rest and covenant promises are not for the Jew only, but for all of mankind. The Law of Allah was given to the Hebrew people in Arabia at Mount Sinai, not in Israel. Therefore the Laws of Allah are for all nations. The seventh-day Sabbath will be kept through all eternity by those who inhabit the gardens of bliss on the new earth.
“For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.” Isaiah 66:22-23
The True Sabbath, an End-Time Issue
At the end of time, the seventh-day Sabbath of God (al-Sabt) will become the focus of a major controversy as powerful forces bent on destroying the true Sabbath will uphold and enforce the counterfeit Sabbath, which is first-daySunday worship. In the Revelation of Jesus (Isa al-Masih) recorded by John (Yahya), Revelation 16:13 speaks of “three unclean spirits” proceeding from three major powers on earth in the last days: the Dragon (spiritualism permeating secular powers), the Beast (Vatican/Catholic hierarchy), and the False Prophet (fallen Protestant churches in the United States of America). We are told in verse 14 that the “unclean spirits” are “spirits of devils” that “work miracles” to deceive “the kings of the earth and of the whole world” in order to bring about a united decree for worship on Sunday only.
Such a decree would give primacy to the false, or papal, Sabbath over the Sabbath of the Most High God. Satan (Iblis) has been working through these secular and religious powers to advance his intentions to destroy the souls of all men upon earth as they obey that human decree, but God, through Romans6:16, warns us, “…To whom you yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants you are …, whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness.” While many already blindly accept the counterfeit sabbath, the decree will attempt to force honest men who are submissive to the law of God to act against their consciences. Your understanding of God’s laws (commandments), as revealed in the Taurat Exodus 20, will determine on which side you take your stand. To resist such a united movement will require a closer connection with God than we have ever before had. In the end, those three traitorous powers and those connected with them will receive the vials of God’s wrath, as recorded in Revelation 16, but God’s true people will be spared if they stand firm on the faith of Jesus and the commandments of God, including His Sabbath command.
Satan or Iblis is working through these systems to bring about a world deception to destroy the souls of all men upon earth. To stand against such a movement will require a close connection with God as we have never before had. These three false movements and those connected with them, will receive the vials of God’s wrath as recorded in Revelation 16. God’s true people will be spared if they now stand firm if they accept the faith of Jesus and the commandments of God including the Sabbath command.
The Sabbath is in the heart of God’s covenant, and was made for mankind, not for one specific people. God wishes all to enter His sacred rest and enjoy the blessings of the Sabbath. This is indeed a blessing that no man ought to miss. Commit yourself today to keep God’s holy day of rest on His Sabbath (Al-Sabt, Saturday). You will truly be blessed by our covenant-keeping God. May He grant you His Eternal Peace.
R. M. Harnisch
“Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy….” Taurat Exodus 20:8
“Why have you forgotten the LORD, your Creator? He stretched out the heavens and laid the foundations of the earth….” Isaiah 51:13 GW
“I am the LORD, your Holy One, the Creator…” Isaiah 43:15
Bible quotes from the King James Version, unless otherwise cited.
Qur’an text copied from DivineIslam's Qur'an Viewer software v2.913
For more info, contact: www.salahallah.com.
 Among others, http://www.religionnews.com/2014/10/27/pope-francis-evolution-inconsistent-notion-creation/, November 27, 2014.