THE TEN COMMANDMENTS IN THE HONORED QUR’AN
1. “Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him…” Al-Isra 17.023
“If there were, in the heavens and the earth, other gods besides Allah, there would have been confusion in both! but glory to Allah, the Lord of the Throne: (High is He) above what they attribute to Him!” Al-Anbiya 21.22
“For We assuredly sent amongst every People a messenger, (with the Command), “Serve Allah, and eschew Evil”: An-Nahl 16.036
2. “…but shun the abomination of idols” Al-Hajj 22.30
“Lo! Abraham said to his father Azar: “Takest thou idols for gods? For I see thee and thy
people in manifest error.” Al-Anaam 6.74
“And they set up (idols) as equal to Allah, to mislead (men) from the Path! Say: “Enjoy (your
brief power)! But verily ye are making straightway for Hell!” Ibrahim 14.30
“Remember Abraham said: “O my Lord! make this city one of peace and security: and
preserve me and my sons from worshipping idols. Ibrahim 14.35
“And he said: “For you, ye have taken (for worship) idols besides Allah…on the Day of
Judgment…your abode will be the Fire, and ye shall have none to help.” Al-Ankaboot 29.25
3. “The most beautiful names belong to Allah: so call on him by them; but shun such men as
use profanity in his names: for what they do, they will soon be requited.” Al-Araf 7.180
4.“Your Guardian-Lord is Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth in six days, and is firmly established on the throne (of authority): He draweth the night as a veil over the day, each seeking the other in rapid succession: He created the sun, the moon, and the stars, (all) governed by laws under His command. Is it not His to create and to govern? Blessed be Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds!” Al-Araf 7.54
“And well ye knew those amongst you who transgressed in the matter of the Sabbath: We said to them: “Be ye apes, despised and rejected.” So We made it [the Sabbath] an example to their own time and to their posterity, and a lesson to those who fear Allah.” Al-Baqara 2.65-66
“And for their covenant we raised over them (the towering height) of Mount (Sinai); and (on another occasion) we said: “Enter the gate with humility”; and (once again) we commanded them: “Transgress not in the matter of the sabbath.” And we took from them a solemn covenant.” Al-Baqara 4.154
5. “Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honour.” Al-Isra 17.23
6. “Kill not your children for fear of want: We shall provide sustenance for them as well as for you. Verily the killing of them is a great sin.” Al-Isra 17.31
“…Whether open or secret; take not life, which Allah hath made sacred, except by way of justice and law: thus doth He command you, that ye may learn wisdom.” Al-Anaam 6.151
7. “Nor come nigh to adultery: for it is a shameful (deed) and an evil, opening the road (to other evils). Al-Isra 17.032
“women…that they will not commit adultery (or fornication)”… Al-Mumtahina 60.12
8. “O Prophet! When believing women come to thee to take the oath of fealty to thee… that
they will not steal…” Al-Mumtahina 60.12
“Turn ye back to your father, and say, ‘O our father! behold! thy son committed theft! we bear
witness only to what we know, and we could not well guard against the unseen!” Yusuf 12.81
“But if the thief repents after his crime, and amends his conduct, Allah turneth to him in forgiveness; for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.” Al-Maeda 5.39
9. “…shun the word that is false, Al-Hajj 22.30
“…and if he be a liar, on him is (the sin of) his lie: but, if he is telling the Truth, then will fall on you something of the (calamity) of which he warns you: Truly Allah guides not one who transgresses and lies! Al-Ghafir 40.28
“Woe to the falsehood-mongers”. Adh-Dhariyat 51.10
“It is those who believe not in the Signs of Allah, that forge falsehood: it is they who lie!” An-Nahl 16.105
“Behold! how they invent a lie against Allah! but that by itself is a manifest sin!” An-Nisa 4.5
“If any one disputes in this matter with thee, now after (full) knowledge Hath come to thee, say: “Come! let us gather together,- our sons and your sons, our women and your women, ourselves and yourselves: Then let us earnestly pray, and invoke the curse of Allah on those who lie!” Aal-E-Imran 3.61
“Give full measure when ye measure, and weigh with a balance that is straight: that is the most fitting and the most advantageous in the final determination.” Al-Isra 17.35
10. “And in no wise covet those things in which Allah Hath bestowed His gifts More freely on some of you than on others: To men is allotted what they earn, and to women what they earn: But ask Allah of His bounty. For Allah hath full knowledge of all things.” An-Nisa 4.32
“Come not nigh to the orphan’s property except to improve it…” Al-Isra 17.34
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS IN THE HOLY BOOKS (King James Version) BIBLE Taurat Exodus 20:1-17
- And God spake all these words, saying, I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
- Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
- Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
- Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
- Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
- Thou shalt not kill.
- Thou shalt not commit adultery.
- Thou shalt not steal.
- Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
- Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.