Today many souls are confused…they are confused by consuming alcoholic beverages which were never meant to be consumed by mankind. Because Iblis deceives the minds and hearts of people, with fermented drink, many are making decisions which they would not make if they had clear minds. Thousands go on into ruin when they throw away the admonition of Allah. Any wonder that such clear instruction has been given in the Honored Qur’an and in the Holy Books of the Taurat and Injeel that fermented wine or drink is not to be consumed as a beverage for man. Allah in mercy is trying to warn us of this danger.
“…concerning wine and gambling… “In them is great sin…” Sura 2:219 Al-Baqara “It is not for kings
to drink wine, or for rulers to desire strong drink.” Proverbs 31:4 Taurat There is wine which is pure and holy, it is the pure juice of the grape or other fruit. It is the unfermented juice of fruit meant to be a blessing to mankind. “…their Lord will give to them to drink of a Wine Pure and Holy. ” Sura 76:21 Al-Insan. “Thus saith the LORD, As the new wine is found in the cluster [of grapes], and one saith, destroy it not; for a blessing is in it…” Taurat Isaiah 65:8
Iblis has deceived man into the manufacture of alcohol which confuses and destroys the minds and hearts of many souls. We would be wise to heed the counsel from the Holy Books. When Isa al-Masih was offered vinegar while suffering immensely upon the cruel instrument of torture, He refused to drink it even in His suffering condition.
“There they offered Jesus wine [vinegar] to drink, mixed with gall; but after tasting it, he refused to drink it.” Injeel Matthew 27:34 What a grand example we have from Prophet Isa al-Masih to refuse anything corrupted.
The Deceptive Cup of Devils
There is however another wine, which is even more destructive, deadly, and deceptive than the wine of alcoholic drink. This wine is spoken about in the Holy Books of the Bible the Taurat and Injeel. Surely this wine is formed from vineyards of Satan himself, called the “cup of devils”.
“Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord’s table, and of the table of devils.” I Corinthians 10:21
This wine is the mixture of true with false doctrine or corrupt teachings which are made to appear as truth. Many a glass of wine appears pure, until you taste it. This wine comes tainted with a sting and bite as the color alone will not determine whether the wine is pure or corrupt. So it is with the teachings of religion. They must be investigated to see if the teachings are holy or corrupt. For every truth of Allah, Iblis or Satan has a counterfeit and appears like the real but the taste is of corruption and if this wine is imbibed the result is often fatal.
We need to be wise to both refuse the corrupt and accept that which is pure and holy. So it is with doctrine or teachings of religion. There is what is pure and holy and leads to life everlasting and there is that which is corrupt and impure and leads to destruction and death.
Iblis holds out to each of us his deceptive cup of devils which he tries in various ways to induce us to drink. We need to be warned of his devises. That is the purpose of this little tract you hold in your hand. Allah in mercy is making known to the listening ear the mysterious workings of Iblis. Allah’s love for souls is such that He wishes all to be aware and take precautions against the wiles of Satan.
The Wine of Babylon
At this point we want to view the true from the false. The Taurat and Injeel has much to say about false doctrine which Iblis has been feeding millions of souls. Today we wish to expose a number of these false teachings. In the Book, ancient prophecies of the Injeel speak of a time in the last days when corrupt wine or doctrine is accepted instead of the pure. “For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.” Injeel 2 Timothy 4:3
We are all told to…”speak thou the things which become sound doctrine.” Titus 2:1
The deceptive cup of devils, is also called, the ‘wine of Babylon’, it says: “For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. “ Injeel Revelation 18:3
Bible prophecy warns us that the great ones of earth will become corrupted with the false wine of deception. In great symbolic language we read these inspired words. In referring to the last days…”kings of the earth committed fornication, and became drunk with the wine of her fornication, those inhabiting the earth.” Revelation 17:2 You may say, I am Muslim so surly this will not affect me, but the Injeel states the following. “…and all the world wondered after the beast.” Revelation 13:3 “And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him.” [beast power] Revelation 13:8. The Bible speaks of national and religious leaders of earth who have accepted the wine or teachings of the apostate fallen churches (Babylon) of which there are many.
We need to look carefully into these teachings of Iblis.
In the Injeel it warns of the dangerous times of the last days. “This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come…[people] having a form of godliness, [act religious] but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.” Injeel 2 Timothy 3:1-5
We now look at a few of these misleading doctrines known as the ‘wine of Babylon’.
1. It is widely taught that those who die can still communicate with the living. This is called “Spiritualism”, believing that the dead continue to live after they die. But the Word of God tells us that when a person dies he ceases to exist.
“For the living know that they shall die; but the dead do not know anything, nor do they have any more
a reward; for their memory is forgotten.” Taurat Ecclesiastes 9:5 Also Zabur Psalms 146:4
2. The use of images and idols in the worship of God, is fully accepted. However this is strongly forbidden by the Taurat in the second commandment of God.
“You must not make for yourself an idol of any kind or an image of anything in the heavens or on the earth or in the sea. You must not bow down to them or worship them…” Exodus 20:4-5
3. Most Christians worship Maryam a human being. However the Word says…“You shall have no other gods before Me.” Taurat Exodus 20:3
4. Millions claim that the Pope of Rome is the Vicar or representative of Christ. The Word again says, “But the Comforter, the Holy Spirit [Ruh Allah] whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you.” John 14:26 The true “Vicar of Isa” is the Holy Spirit or Ruh Allah.
5. Multitudes are told that the tradition of the Church is above the Bible. “But in vain they worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.” Injeel Matthew 15:9 Isa al-Masih always upheld the Word of Allah, the Bible as truth. ”Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.” John 17:17 This is referring to the Taurat.
6. Masses of people confess their sins to a priest, but the Word from Allah says… “I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said: “I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin.” Zabur Psalms 32:5
7. A major move in the last days will be to exalt Sunday as the holy day of rest from Allah. However the Word of God says that the Sabbath (Saturday the Seventh Day) is the day of rest instituted by Allah at the beginning of time, remember that Allah’s holy and just laws do not change. “Remember the sabbath [Saturday] day, to keep it holy.” Taurat Exodus 20:8 Also Deuteronomy 5:15 and Nehemiah 13:22 “Sanctify the Sabbath”.
8. Scores are told that salvation can be earned through good works or payment of money. Again the Word from Allah states… “Not by works of righteousness which we did ourselves, but in the measure of his mercy, he gave us salvation, through the washing of the new birth and the giving of new life in the Holy Spirit, Which he gave us freely through Jesus Christ our Saviour.: Injeel Titus 3:5-6
9. In the fallen churches there is no difference made between the clean and unclean foods. Pork or “swine’s flesh” is eaten for food when it has been strictly forbidden by Allah. “And the swine…he is unclean to you.” Taurat Leviticus 11:7
10. Forgiveness of sins only through the Roman Catholic Church. Again the Word from Allah says: “In whom we have redemption through his [Isa al-Masih’s] blood, even the forgiveness of sins.” Colossians 1:14
The Lord has for us to “drink the pure blood of the grape.” Deuteronomy 32:14 The pure doctrines of Bible truth. Allah promises to…”give you good doctrine, forsake ye not my law.” Proverbs 4:2
Our prayers ought to be… Ever give us the pure doctrines. May Allah grant unto you His eternal peace.